Now available from Business Expert Press!
• The BEP 2013 Digital Library
- 75 new ebooks
- Expanding BEP's coverage of economics and finance, and industry profiles
- Authors include Mary Gentile (Babson), Robert Sroufe (Duquesne), and Steve Melnyk (Michigan State)
- List price: $4,500 (no increase in price/book!); buy it with any other Digital Library and save 5%; buy it with the 2012 Digital Library and the BEP Digital Archive and save 10%! Already own one or more Digital Libraries? Get 5% off the 2013 DL if you own one, and 10% off if you own two or more!
- Provisional title list now available
- An open access journal -- free to readers AND authors!
No DRM, no limits on concurrent usage, no restrictions on printing or downloading, no licenses
With over 300 authors now contributing content, Business Expert Press is not only growing in volume but in reputation as faculty all over the world recognize the need for material written for advanced business students. We published 50 books in the 2010 Digital Library, 60 in the 2011 Digital Library (now combined into the BEP Digital Archive); there will be 50 books in the 2012 Digital Library and there are 75 books on tap for 2013. Watch our adam [dot] chesler [at] businessexpertpress [dot] com (subject: Subscribe to BEP Newsletter) (newsletter) for more details!
Established in 2008 with input from faculty and academic librarians and now used by hundreds of thousands of students, Business Expert Press publishes concise, practical treatments of the topics taught in MBA programs. Our born-digital books are written by professors who translate real-life business experiences into teaching tools, and serve as curriculum-oriented, cost-effective alternatives to high-priced textbooks by providing the kind of information that's not offered in introductory textbooks or case studies. Unencumbered by DRM, they can be used easily and without limitation by the academic community.
- Unlimited simultaneous use
- Downloadable PDFs
- Upload any book to learning management systems
- Unrestricted access (no DRM, plug-ins or passwords necessary)
- Automatic citations with copy/paste functions
- Free MARC records, with OCLC numbers
- DOIs, abstracts, and keywords created for each book
- Archived on CLOCKSS
- Available via SERU -- no license required
- Partner Site: Retrieve free MARC records, download stats (ID/password required)
- Faculty Brochure: Tell faculty about additions to your collection
- SERU: The alternative to licenses
- CLOCKSS: Content archiving partnership
- adam [dot] chesler [at] businessexpertpress [dot] com (subject: BEP Digital Libraries Trial) (Free Trials: )Set up a free 45-day trial
- NEW! 2013 Digital Library (75 books) -- $4,500
- 2012 Digital Library (50 books) -- $3,000
- NEW! BEP Digital Archive (110 books) -- $4,400
Discounts: Buy any two Digital Library products and get 5% off; buy all three, and take 10% off the combined price (a savings of almost $1,200). Owners of any one digital product get 5% off the second; owners of at least two get 10% off the third!
For more information, to set up a free trial, or to order, contact adam [dot] chesler [at] businessexpertpress [dot] com (subject: Information about BEP Digital Libraries) (Adam Chesler).
Check out Director of Library Relations Adam Chesler's interview with Sue Polanka on her No Shelf Required blog!
BEP's ebooks are now in use at UCLA, UNC/Chapel Hill, Purdue University, the University of Alberta, Indiana University, Duke University, the University of Nebraska, the University of Alabama, USC, Northeastern University, Portland State University, Penn State, Sacred Heart University, Rutgers University, and dozens of other top business schools!
“What I have long felt we lacked, and what BEP provides, are short, applied books by academic thought leaders, aimed specifically at advanced business students, which support their coursework and professional exploration.”
—Michael Oppenheim, UCLA
Transforming U.S. Army Supply Chains: Strategies for Management Innovation (by Greg H. Parlier)
“The concepts of this book have great potential to make enormous worldwide contributions to broad governmental and corporate realms. This is a powerful set of ideas that the corporate world will and must apply to fuel a worldwide revolution of innovation and transformation.”
“The UNC library has purchased the Business Expert Press eBook collection from the beginning because...the titles...represent good value for a good price.”
—Luke Swindler, UNC/Chapel Hill
An Overview of the Public Relations Function (by Shannon A. Bowen, Brad Rawlins, and Thomas Martin)
“...impressive...lives up to aspirations of blending theory with practice by providing...essential, reader-friendly diagrams, avoiding jargon, and using inviting, available prose on the one hand, whereas being research driven, philosophically based, and thus penetrating...lessons of equal importance to students with a PR career orientation and to those professionals already learning the ropes from within.”
—Journal of Communication
“Business Expert Press’s e-books give [business] students content that they need, when they need it, without any restrictions to limit their use.”
—Beth Bernhardt, UNC/Greensboro
Business Planning and Entrepreneurship: An Accounting Approach (by Michael Kraten)
“...practical guide to the functional elements that constitute a business plan and explains how these elements fit together...views the business plan components through the lens of "management accounting" and addresses six topical elements: the business model, volume estimation, cost estimation, revenue estimation, investment value, and risk management...antidote to the abundant business plan templates readily available on the Web, which are often fill-in-the-blanks exercises that discourage the comprehensive thought and analysis required to produce a solid business plan. Highly recommended.”
“...really like the fact that there are very few restrictions on your product such as unlimited simultaneous use, no DRM, downloadable PDFs, availability of MARC records and no yearly fees.”
—Denise Gehring, Azusa Pacific University